Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not disturbing, right?

Griffin has always asked a lot about death and dying. Not sure if gets it from me talking about work but anyway he continues to have many questions about it. While driving home from school the other day he was telling something about his first mom. With some probing he had a very detailed story about how he became my son. Will spare you some details but here are some highlights:
--his first mom was named Keela and she was blond
--Keela died from smoking too much
--she was a very special mom but I am more beautiful than her
--after she died I found Griffin waiting at school and decided to take him home
--the school tried calling his dad Gus to come get him but he was in jail for telling a lie to a police officer

Yeah, weird I know but he had the whole thing pretty worked out. I tried telling him not to share this story because people would think it was real and he adamently said "but mom it IS real." Then with further questions he told me is is something he dreamed. What can I do???

No comments: