Saturday, October 25, 2008

NKOTB 4-eva!





Due to popular demand, I am finally getting some New Kids info on here. People have been harrassing me for all the details and to be quite honest with you I am still on cloud 9 after seeing my first boyfriend in concert. It was an amazing concert; for those of you who haven't even been obsessed with something like this you won't understand but those of you out there who have seen them...Emily and Kelly...you get it! No they didn't shine the spotlight on me while Jordan sang I'll Be Lovin' You Forever but I am sure Joey was staring at me during Please Don't Go Girl. There were a few differences between the concerts the first time around vs now: all the size XL shirts sold out immediately (14 yrs ago it was the mediums), much of the crowd was consuming alcoholic beverages (we didn't because there was no way we were going to be impaired at all and risk not remembering anything from our "hardest working guys in showbiz"), and the use of scantily clad women dancing on stage (which we definitely did not appreciate!). Some of the hits we got to hear included: Single (new album), Favorite Girl, Valentine, Please Don't Go Girl, The Right Stuff, Tonight, Didn't I Blow Your Mind, Baby I Believe in You, If You Go Away, The Right Stuff, I'll Be Lovin You Forever, Dirty Dancing (new), Click, Click Click (new), Summertime (new), Grown Man (new)Step By Step, & Hangin Tough. Everyone visited like their was some type of "sisterhood" which was fun except when you found someone who was in love with the same new kid as yourself then it was a competition. I was able to remember every lyric of every song and let me tell you I was quite the rockstar. I could tell just how cool I was when we left and my hearing and voice were shot. Anyway, hope you all enjoy the pics. Will be working on some others from friends who went in TX so just hang tight....or I mean hang tough!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved your description. Sounds like a blast. Another difference between then and now is that you could actually afford to go to the concert, which we couldn't first time around. Glad you got the chance and wish I could have been with you, every step by step of the way in our funky trances.

Anonymous said...

Glad you ladies had fun! Can't wait to hear all the juicy details in person.

Leah said...

Um, I swore to Jordan that what happens at the Xcel Center, stays at the XCel center. Sorry ladies but I had the scruff burn and a new zit the next am to prove it.

Anonymous said...

Eeeeewwwwww!!!!!

You mean Jordan likes women? By the looks of that studio photo you posted of him, Jordan is way more into the men writing to him from prison.

Unknown said...

Um...the only reason Joe was staring at you during "Please Don't go Girl" was because I wasn't there. I thought it might make you feel better since Jordan prefers men. ;) It looks like so much fun...wish I would've went!!!

Leah said...

Still having dreams about how good I looked on the jumbotron while Jordan was shining the spotlight into my hazel eyes!