

We sure had a fun weekend in Bismarck with grandma and grandpa. Ian was not so pleasant on the LONG ride there but much better on the way home. Grandma had an easter egg hunt for Griffin when we got their so they spent their night looking for candy and eggs with flashlights in the basement. Mom and I got out of the house for quite awhile on Saturday and ran to some stores and we even got pedicures. I am sure when Gus saw our feet when we got home he thought it was well worth being home alone with the boys for the day. Gus and I went to a new restaurant on the river called The Pier and it was really good. Too bad the river was frozen or it would have been an amazing view while enjoying our favorite beverage and gourmet dinner. Griffin got to play a little bit with the neighbor boy and they loved climbing and jumping off Grandpa's new landscaping. It was incredibly windy while we were there and Griffin discovered tumbleweeds. He asked me what they were and I told him but the rest of the day he kept calling them "jungle bees." Ian made sure to drool all over Grandma's house and furniture and followed me around like a lost puppy the entire time. He freaks when I walk away or when I quickly leave his sight--what a mama's boy! It was a great weekend and we can't wait to go back. When we were driving Griffin asked why we have to drive 20 hours to get to see Grandma but when we got home and unpacked he started crying and said "I need my gramma Kathy--I miss her too much." Thanks so much for the special weekend! We love you!

1 comment:
It was sure fun to have the Staahl's here for the weekend. Ian may be a mamma's boy, but Griffin was all about Grandma Kathy. Very fun.
Post a Comment