Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Snow day

The growing 12ft drift.
Chilling my margarita in the sink with snow to keep it cold.
Early storm trying to get the newspaper.

So today was my first ever snow day since I entered the working world. Luckily for me I was able to stay home as long as I make up the day saturday for medicare. Gus worked from home half the day so didn't need to use PTO. The boys were thrilled to get to stay home but I wasn't so sure by mid-morning. Ian just came off antibiotics 5 days ago and now seems to be getting sick yet again so we will see. He wasn't himself, pretty cranky and super clingy! Griffin was really good but got tired of Ian's fussiness pretty quick. Both boys were a mess by afternoon as both resisted naps so I am hoping we have a peaceful night. The weather today was HORRIBLE! Wind and snow absolutely all day and night. Yesterday one of the drifts by our sunroom was 3ft, then by noon today about 6 and now it seems to be about 12ft. Dreading the drive to work tomorrow. Will wait for morning updates on whether boys will have daycare and if not, looks like dad will be home again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, so much snow. WIsh Ian was feeling better.